JUNE IS NEW MEXICO BEEF MONTH, so to start the month off right, here are some facts to ponder:
· There are cattle in every county in NM, and the sale of these cattle contributes more than $1 billion to the state’s economy every year.
· In providing water for their cattle, New Mexico ranchers also help provide water for New Mexico’s treasured wildlife.
· Lean beef packs a powerhouse of essential nutrients that promote day-to-day and long-term health in people of all ages. http://www.nmbeef.com/index.php/beef-health/beef-nutrients
· There are beef options for every budget. http://www.nmbeef.com/index.php/shopping-for-beef/beef-for-every-budget
· A single serving of beef is about the size of a smartphone. http://www.nmbeef.com/index.php/beef-health/power-of-protein
· There are tasty, beef recipes for every occasion and they are right at your fingertips. http://www.nmbeef.com/index.php/recipes
Whether you are grilling out or dining in, please let us know how you are celebrating JUNE BEEF MONTH by posting a photo to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NMDepartmentofAg?fref=ts . At the end of the month, we’ll choose one winner to receive a special BBQ kit!
Nothing tells a story better than a photo! Here are a few photos of our most recent events.
Browse through our Online Country Store. Showcasing many of your favorite, unique gourmet food products that are grown or processed in New Mexico.
Click here to see our calendar of important events happening across New Mexico’s food and agricultural community and beyond. Want to see your event here? Simply email us the details.
Hello New Mexico product supporters. We have gathered a couple common questions being asked on nursery and greenhouse related topics to get you ready this spring when you are gardening...Read More
Click on the following links to watch our recent segments about New Mexico organic food on 2 Kasa Style....Read More